Who we are and what we do:
The Company Activities Bureau (Bureau) supports the mission of the Idaho Department of Insurance through effective and efficient monitoring of compliance among regulated entities with Idaho insurance laws; including the financial condition and market conduct activities of all insurance entities authorized to do business in the State of Idaho and self-funded health care plans regulated under title 41 of the Idaho Code.
Entities licensed/registered and regulated under the Bureau includes:
- Insurance Companies
- Self-funded Health Care Plans regulated under title 41 of the Idaho Code
- Surplus Lines Insurers
- Risk Retention Groups
- Purchasing Groups
- Title Agents
- Independent and Public Adjusters
- Surplus Lines Brokers
- Bail Agents
- Reinsurance intermediaries
- Independent Review Organizations
- Managing General Agents
- Third Party Administrators
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Prescription Drug Plans
Our responsibility towards regulated entities includes:
Return to Insurance Companies
- Processing application for admission of regulated entities and corporate changes,
- Licensing and regulation of insurance professionals, bail agents, reinsurance intermediaries, independent review organizations,
life settlement, and portable electronics
- Financial analysis and examination of domestic insurance companies and self-funded plans regulated under title 41 of the Idaho Code.
- Financial surveillance of insurance companies authorized to do business in the state of Idaho
- Market analysis and examination of insurance companies authorized to do business in Idaho and self-funded plans regulated under
title 41 of the Idaho Code.
- Examination and regulation of title agents
- Regulation of third party administrators, and
- Assessment and collection of premium taxes and fees.