Skip to main content


  • When you incur a loss, you should contact your agent or company representative immediately. The sooner you file your claim, the sooner you can expect to receive payment. You should telephone first, but if you do not get an immediate response, write a letter.
  • Homeowners policies issued in Idaho generally require you to do the following when a loss occurs:
  • Give written notice as soon as possible.
    • In case of theft, also notify the police.
    • Promptly send the company any legal papers received relating to a claim or suit.
    • Cooperate and assist the insurance company in any matter relating to a claim or suit.
    • Protect the property from further damage. Make any emergency repairs needed to protect the property from further damage.
    • Make a list of all damaged or destroyed property.
  • Remember that your insurance policy sets time limits for claim-filing activity. If you do not complete your claim forms promptly, protect your property from further damage or otherwise cooperate with your insurance company, your claim may not be settled to your satisfaction.
Cell Phone IconNeed more info? Contact us at 208 334-4319 or email us .
Consumer Affairs Officers are available to answer your questions 8-5 M-F MST