The Idaho Department of Insurance Limited Lines Producer
Pre-Licensing Manual contains in depth information regarding specific Limited Lines licensing requirements,
Idaho Code and definitions.
It is recommended this manual be bookmarked, referenced, and reviewed often as a resource for limited line
Below are some highlights:
Unlike major lines of authority such as Life, Disability, Property, and Casualty, a limited lines producer
license restricts the authority of the license to less than the total authority prescribed in the associated
In Idaho, limited lines include but are not limited to:
- Credit insurance – credit life, credit disability, credit property, credit unemployment, involuntary
unemployment, mortgage life, mortgage guaranty, mortgage disability, guaranteed automobile protection
- Travel insurance – transportation baggage insurance, transportation ticket policies covering personal
- Pet insurance
Other differences include:
- There is no examination required for the above lines. However, it is required to read the
Limited Lines Producer Pre-Licensing Manual
and send a signed attestation with application.
- There are no Continuing Education requirements for resident Limited Lines producers
- Limited Lines licenses are authorized and issued an Idaho Producer’s License
Surety and Portable Electronics are also considered Limited Lines, although the licensing requirements for
these lines of authority are different.
Return to Individual Producer Menu
- Surety (if carried alone without the Casualty major line of authority) requires an examination prior
to licensure. Please review
Idaho Code 40-507
for more information regarding Surety.
- Portable Electronics is only available to business entities. Please review the
Portable Electronics portion of our website for more
information regarding this license type.