Licenses are good for 24 months (2 years) and expire on the last day of your birth month. Initial licenses may be
a little more or a little less than two years.
Return to Individual Producer Menu
- Licensing fee is $80, regardless of the number of lines of authority for which you apply.
- Variable Line: A producer must be registered with FINRA to carry the Variable line of authority on his/her
license. You must have your own CRD number, not provide one that belongs to an agency or brokerage. Carrying the line
on your home state license without a FINRA Broker Registration does not qualify you to carry the Variable line in
- Residents who carry major lines (i.e.: life, disability, property, casualty, etc.) are required to complete 24
hours of Department approved Continuing Education credits during each license period. Please see the
Continuing Education section for more detailed information about this requirement.
- Resident producers who only carry limited lines (i.e.: credit, travel, surety, or pet) are not required to complete Continuing Education credits.
- Non-Resident producers are not required to complete Continuing Education credits for Idaho.
- License Coverage Chart