Skip to main content

Licenses are good for 24 months (2 years) and expire on the last day of your birth month. Initial licenses may be a little more or a little less than two years.

  • Licensing fee is $80, regardless of the number of lines of authority for which you apply.
  • Variable Line: A producer must be registered with FINRA to carry the Variable line of authority on his/her license. You must have your own CRD number, not provide one that belongs to an agency or brokerage. Carrying the line on your home state license without a FINRA Broker Registration does not qualify you to carry the Variable line in Idaho.
  • Residents who carry major lines (i.e.: life, disability, property, casualty, etc.) are required to complete 24 hours of Department approved Continuing Education credits during each license period. Please see the Continuing Education section for more detailed information about this requirement.
  • Resident producers who only carry limited lines (i.e.: credit, travel, surety, or pet) are not required to complete Continuing Education credits.
  • Non-Resident producers are not required to complete Continuing Education credits for Idaho.
  • License Coverage Chart

Back Arrows Return to Individual Producer Menu