Skip to main content

Idaho licenses both resident and nonresident individuals as Surplus Lines Brokers, but not agencies. Residents must carry an underlying Property and Casualty producer’s license for at least 2 years prior to applying for a Surplus Lines license. Nonresidents must carry Property and Casualty in their home state and as Idaho is a diligent search state, it is highly recommended to carry a nonresident Property and Casualty producer’s license as well. Not carrying the producer’s license only authorizes the license holder to place Surplus Lines business and requires use of an Idaho-licensed Property and Casualty producer to perform a diligent search. All producers licensed as Surplus Lines Producers in Idaho must register with the Surplus Line Association of Idaho. For more information about this requirement, please visit Link to external website.

Expand Section Idaho Code in Connection with Surplus Lines Brokers

Expand Section Definitions

Back Arrows Return to Surplus Lines Broker Menu