Skip to main content

  • Residents must also hold a Producer Property and Casualty License. This underlying license must be active and in good standing for at least 2 years prior to issuance of a Surplus Lines license.
  • Nonresidents must carry Property and Casualty in their home state and as Idaho is a diligent search state, it is highly recommended to carry an Idaho nonresident Property and Casualty producer’s license as well. Not carrying the producer’s license only authorizes the license holder to place Surplus Lines business and requires use of an Idaho-licensed Property and Casualty producer to perform a diligent search.
  • Idaho DOES NOT require a Surety Bond for the Surplus Lines License.
  • All Surplus Line licensees must become a member of the Idaho Surplus Line Association per 41-1214(1).
  • All Premium Tax filings must be E-filed through this link.

Back Arrows Return to Surplus Lines Broker Menu