Please note: Renewal applications are not available until 90 days prior to the expiration of the license. The
Department will not process renewals prior to this window.
Click below for the appropriate renewal form:
Individual Mail in Renewal Form
Agency Mail in Renewal Form
See our Online Renewal Forms if your license type is not listed here.
Paper Renewal Available For:
Additional Information Regarding Renewals:
The following applications must be submitted by paper:
The following scenarios also require a paper renewal:
- Address or other contact information is incorrect.
You can print a renewed license copy free from our website 24-48 hours after renewing.
If your license has expired, you will need to complete a Reinstatement rather than a renewal. Reinstatements are available
for up to 1 year after the expiration of the license. Non-Residents can click on the above logos and follow the renewal
process electronically. The proper fees will be charged at the end of the transaction. Residents must
reinstate by paper.
Return to Forms/Links Menu
- Residents: Must complete Continuing Education prior to the expiration of your license. (Excluding Limited Lines
- Surplus Lines: Must renew your Producer Property and Casualty license at the same time or prior to renewing your
Surplus Lines license.
- Bail Agents: Must fingerprint with each renewal.
- All License Types: If you answered “yes” to any of the background questions, please be sure to attach your
documentation to the application, upload them into the NIPR Attachment Warehouse, or send them to us at the address below.
Be sure to include your explanation of the events.
If sending information to the Department of Insurance, please include proper identifying information such as license number,
an NPN, transaction ID, FEIN, etc. and note as to why you are sending this information.
Idaho Department of Insurance
700 W State St. Floor 3
PO Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0043