The following are the procedures and the list of required documents to add an assumed business name (ABN) to the
Idaho Certificate of Authority:
- Contact the Department of Insurance for:
- Propose an assumed business name (ABN) that complies with the requirements se forth within Idaho Code
- Check availability of the proposed ABN with the Department.
- Submit a notice of intent and return the original Certificate of Authority for amendment to the Department of Insurance.
- Contact the Idaho Secretary of State (SOS) regarding their filing
procedures and the availability of the proposed ABN or check the availability
on-line on the
SOS Web site.
- Submit a copy of the Certificate of Assumed Business Name to the Department of Insurance. Once received a new Idaho
Certificate of Authority will be mailed.
Please submit all the documents to:
Idaho Department of Insurance
700 W. State Street, 3rd Floor
P. O. Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0043
Note: If an insurer wishes to assert some proprietary interest in the proposed assumed business name, state and/or federal
intellectual property filings may be necessary.
Return to Insurance Companies