Bail agents are now required to fingerprint for every renewal, in addition to completing CE and
transacting the online renewal. Click below for the appropriate fingerprint packet:
Results take several weeks, so be sure to do this well in advance of your expiration. We cannot renew the
license without a fingerprint report. Please fax receipts given you at the time of fingerprinting to the
Department of Insurance/licensing section at 208-334-4398 or scan and email them
(Be sure to explain in a cover sheet that this receipt is sent in connection with a Bail Agent renewal and
provide your license or NPN number.)
Return to Bail Menu
- Bail licenses renew every two years.
- A courtesy reminder postcard is mailed out approximately six weeks prior to expiration of the license.
- You do not need the postcard for renewal. You may apply for renewal up to six weeks prior to the
expiration of your license. Fingerprints and CE should be completed prior to applying for renewal.
- The Department considers the renewal of your license to be your responsibility, regardless of whether
you receive notice or not. Both online renewal
and the mail-in renewal options are
available through our website.
- Please contact the Department, 208-334-4250, and ask for Producer Licensing if you need to make special
- Residents must complete 24 hours of CE within the two-year renewal period. A minimum of three credits
must be in ethics. No carry-over of CE credits are allowed from one period to the next and you will not
get credit for a repeated course within the same renewal period. Your CE credits must be downloaded in
order for us to process any renewal application. Check your CE status by going to
Individual CE Transcript Inquiry in the Continuing Education page. See the
Continuing Education section for more information.
- ONLINE license renewal requires a credit card, the fee to renew is $60 (plus vendor processing fee) if renewing prior to expiration date. Complete all required spaces. This renewal will be pended to check for bond and appointment information and fingerprint return results. A license copy will be emailed to you upon approval. Be sure you have provided a current email address.
- MAIL-IN renewal requires downloading your renewal form from the website and mailing to the Department of Insurance with a check or money order. The fee is $80 if renewing prior to expiration date. Your record will be checked for bond and appointment information and fingerprint return results. A license copy will be emailed to you upon approval. Be sure you have provided a current email address.
- If your license has expired and you wish to have it renewed, please see the
Reinstatement Information page.