(not all inclusive. Please refer to section §41-1082
of chapter 10 for further definitions)
Return to Portable Electronics Menu
- Portable Electronics: Electronic devices that are portable in nature, their accessories and
services related to the use of the device.
- Portable Electronics Insurance: Insurance covering the repair or replacement of portable
electronics. Such insurance may provide coverage for portable electronics against loss, theft and
inoperability due to mechanical failure, malfunction, damage and other similar loss.
- Supervising Entity: A supervising entity means a business entity that is either an insurer or
insurance producer that is licensed and issues – or is appointed by the insurer that issues – a portable
electronics insurance policy that is sold, solicited or negotiated by a vendor to supervise the
activities of the vendor related to the portable electronics insurance policy.
- Vendor: A business entity engaging in the business of portable electronics transactions directly
- Designated Responsible Person (DRP): The DRP is a person designated by the entity to be
responsible for the compliance of the entity with the laws and rules of Idaho.