Motor Vehicle Service Contracts provide coverage or reimbursement for the necessary services of repairing and servicing motor vehicles.
Consumers may contact the Idaho Office of the Attorney General for assistance with most service contracts sold in Idaho. However, for certain types of Motor Vehicle Service Contracts, consumers may contact Consumer Affairs at the Idaho Department of Insurance for assistance.
Idaho Motor Vehicle Service Contract Act
The types of Motor Vehicle Service Contracts covered under the Idaho Motor Vehicle Service Contract Act are limited.
The following vehicle service contracts are NOT covered under the act:
- Manufacturer guarantees or warranties
- Maintenance agreements
- Mechanical breakdown insurance
- Theft protection and warranties
For additional questions, or for assistance in determining if the Idaho Department of Insurance is able to assist with your motor vehicle service contract, please contact Consumer Affairs.
Before you buy, consider the following:
- Research typical options, coverages, limitations, and exclusions found in Motor Vehicle Service Contracts before buying.
- Read the contract to see what is and is not covered in the contract.
- DO NOT sign the contract if you do not agree to all of the terms and conditions.
- Make sure you understand when coverage begins and how long the coverage lasts.
- Make sure you understand any exclusions and/or limitations within the contract.
- If you decide to purchase the contract, be sure to obtain – and keep – a copy of the contract and all receipts.
Have more questions?
Contact the Consumer Affairs team: