Who We Are
Senior Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA) serves Idahoans on Medicare and those who help them by offering free, unbiased Medicare benefits information and assistance through workshops, group presentations and personal counseling.
SHIBA – a service of the Idaho Department of Insurance – is Idaho’s provider for the federal network of State Health Insurance Assistance Programs (SHIPs). The program is partially funded by and operated under the authority of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Administration for Community Living (ACL).
What We Do
Idaho SHIBA provides free, unbiased Medicare benefits information and assistance for all Idahoans with Medicare.
Through a statewide network of regional offices, partner organizations and certified volunteers, SHIBA Medicare counseling, workshops and presentations are available by phone, via internet webinars, and in communities across Idaho.
IMPORTANT NOTE: SHIBA DOES NOT SELL INSURANCE OR RECOMMEND SPECIFIC INSURANCE PRODUCTS.
Idaho SHIBA is a service of the State of Idaho Department of Insurance Consumer Services Bureau.
Where You’ll Find Us
Who Does SHIBA Counseling and Presentations?
DOI’S SHIBA PROGRAM MISSION, VISION AND VALUES
SHIBA is a free, unbiased resource empowering Idahoans, with community volunteers and partners, to make informed decisions about Medicare.
We are the best known, and most trusted resource for Medicare information and assistance, accessible throughout Idaho.
- Compassion, confidentiality, and integrity in our service to all.
- Being transparent, honest and respectful to others, recognizing each individual has something unique to offer.
- Providing exceptional service to the entire Medicare community.
- The strengths, dedication and contributions of our clients, partners, volunteers, and staff.
- Commitment to continued individual growth both personally and professionally.