Resident producers must complete 24 hours of Continuing Education, with a minimum of 3 hours in ethics. These hours are due at the time of renewal.
The DOI STRONGLY recommends residents have their CE completed 30 days or more prior to your expiration date. A renewal cannot be applied for until all required CE has been complete and posted.
For a list of Continuing Education courses please see our Course Catalog .
- 24 hours of CE total.
- A minimum of three credits must be in ethics.
- No credit is given for duplicate courses.
- CE providers have 30 days from course completion to upload CE credits. Renewals cannot be submitted until the credits are uploaded.
The licensee may complete and submit the continuing education requirements late, however the license will not be active after the expiration of the license.
There are additional penalties for completing CE late.
The completion date of any course will determine which non-refundable penalty will apply.
- $100.00 if CE is completed within 30 days of the expiration of the license.
- $200.00 if CE is completed between 31 and 60 days of the expiration of the license.
- $300.00 if CE is completed between 61 and 90 days of the expiration of the license.
- $80.00 if the CE has is completed between 90 and 365 days of the expiration of the license. The producer must retest in addition to completing the CE requirement.
Exemptions for Continuing Education:
- Business Entities
- Non-resident Adjusters
CE does not populate to your record, or to our online renewal system instantaneously. Please see the below for the usual timeline.
-From the day you complete your CE course the CE provider has 30 days to upload the credits per Idaho statute. If you would like them to upload the credits ASAP you will need to contact the CE provider.
-Once the credit is entered into our system it is sent in a batch report over night to the PDB.
-After the report is submitted it can take the PDB 1-5 business days to reflect the completion. Once it is reflected in the PDB you can apply for renewal on NIPR.
If you completed your CE over 30 days ago, or it has been more than five days since it was uploaded by the provider, and you are within the renewal window, but are still unable to renew on the online system please reach out to the Department of Insurance.
Click here for more CE information